It is hazardous to see Kwikset deadbolts not turning smoothly. There are a few different reasons why you’re having this issue with Kwikset deadbolt.
It could be that the deadbolt is old and needs to be replaced. Aside from this, something could have been blocking the deadbolt from turning. In either case, you can do a few things to fix the problem.
If you want to know how to fix it, this guide will help you in all ways.
Possible Causes of a Kwikset Deadbolt Not Turning Smoothly
A Kwikset deadbolt is a door lock that uses a key to secure the door from the outside. If your Kwikset deadbolt is not turning smoothly, several possible reasons might be behind this.
- It could be that the key is not inserted correctly.
- The door is not aligned correctly.
- There could be something obstructing the deadbolt.
- Spike plate.
Additional Link: How to Remove Door Pins from Hinges?
How Can I Fix a Kwikset Deadbolt That Is Not Turning Smoothly?
If you have a Kwikset deadbolt that is not turning smoothly, there are a few things you can do to fix it –
- First, check to see if the deadbolt is properly lubricated. If it is not, you can try lubricating the keyway with a dry lubricant such as WD-40 or silicone spray.
- If that does not work, you may need to disassemble the lock and clean the internal parts. You can find instructions for how to do this in the Kwikset Service Manual, which is available online.
- You can also try adjusting the strike plate.
- If the deadbolt is still not working properly, you may need to replace the cylinder.
Sometimes weatherstripping can cause your door to get stuck. You have to find out the reasons why the door is stuck. If the reason is weatherstripping, you might have to know how to adjust door weatherstripping.
If you still have difficulty, you may need to replace the locking mechanism. This is a more complex repair, and you may need a handyman.
However, if you are experienced with repairing locks, you can proceed yourself.
With a little effort, you should be able to get your Kwikset deadbolt.
Why is Kwikset Smart Key Tool Will Not Insert?
If the Kwikset Smart Key Tool does not insert, it could be for several reasons.
- The first possibility is that the batteries in the Smart Key Tool are low and need to be replaced.
- Another possibility is that the Kwikset Smart Key Tool is not adequately aligned with the keyway. The Kwikset Smart Key Tool has four pins that must be aligned to insert the tool into the lock. If even one of the pins is not aligned, the device will not insert.
- The final possibility is that something obstructs the keyway, such as dirt or debris, obstructs the keyway.
If you are having trouble inserting the Kwikset Smart Key Tool, we recommend checking the batteries and alignment first. If those two things are okay, you may need to clean the keyway. And try to install the best bedroom deadbolt lock for your bedroom.
Frequently Asked Question
Why is my Kwikset Halo jamming?
If your Kwikset Halo is jamming, it is most likely due to a blockage in the lock. This can be caused by dirt, dust, or other debris build-ups inside the lock.
To fix this issue, you will need to clean the lock. You can do this by using a can of compressed air to blow out the debris, or you can use a cotton swab. If the lock is still not working correctly after cleaning it, you may need to replace it.
Is it normal for my Kwikset deadbolt to feel stuck when I turn it?
It is a typical annoyance for homeowners when their Kwikset lock feels stuck when they turn it. Debris, the environment, and normal wear and tear are potential causes.
As we have seen, there are a few different reasons why your Kwikset deadbolt not turning smoothly.
The most common being that the lock is old and needs to be replaced. Other causes include blocking the deadbolt from turning or the failure of the inside cylinder. To fix this, you can return the old lock, remove the blocking object, or replace the inside cylinder.
Hopefully, this article has provided you with the necessary information to fix the problem.